Recent Oil Projects
PM International Suppliers is a small company with a big impact. Check out some of the oil and gas industry projects below to which we are proud to supply goods:
Located 150 miles south of New Orleans, BP Atlantis processes an average of 200,000 barrels of oil per day. The Atlantis Field development is designed to utilize one of the deepest moored semi-submersible platforms in the world.
Operated mainly by BP at 56% ownership and their partner BHP Billiton (44%), BP Atlantis was discovered in 1998. They finally achieved the first oil in 2007. The water is over 7,000 feet deep (think of stacking the Empire State Building on top of itself five times!). (Source: bp.com)
PMIS has supplied Copper Nickel pipe, fittings, and flanges to the BP Atlantis project.
The Juniper offshore project is up and coming, located about 50 miles off Trinidad and Tobago’s south-east coast in 330 – 360 feet of water. It will take gas from the Corallita and Lantana fields.
The daily production of gas is expected to be 590 million cubic feet per day, and is hoping for its first gas in 2017. (Source: bp.com, offshore-technology.com, and oedigital.com)
PMIS has worked closely with Juniper project engineers to supply complicated valve systems designed specifically for this project, such as globe, check, needle, and butterfly valves.
The Shell Appomattox platform is currently being constructed in the Gulf of Mexico. It will be Shell’s eighth platform, as well as its largest floating platform in deep-water oil and gas development.
The four-column production host platform will be semi-submersible and will feature six drill centers, 15 producing wells, as well as five water injection wells. Appomattox is expected to produce 175,000 barrels of oil per day.
Shell owns and operates 79% of the project, with Nexen Petroleum Offshore USA Inc. consequently taking the remaining 21%. (Source: shell.com)
PMIS supplies this project with 316/316LSS, Copper Nickel, as well as Super Duplex 2507 Pipe, Fittings and Flanges.
White Rose Expansion Project
The White Rose Expansion Project consists of three satellite fields: the North Amethyst, the West White Rose and the South White Rose.
Husky Energy is the main owner and operator, holding 68.9% in the satellite fields. 26.1% is held by Suncor Energy, and the remainder is owned by the government of Newfoundland & Labrador, through Nalcor Energy.
Average production of the White Rose Project is about 120,000 barrels of oil per day. (Source: huskyenergy.com and offshore-technology.com)
PMIS supplies a wide variety of carbon steel, stainless steel, and nickel alloy fittings to the White Rose Project.
This project is located in the Gulf of Mexico, 115 miles off the coast of Louisiana. It merges the Knotty Head and Pony developments. Knotty Head is located in Green Canyon 512 and was discovered in 2005. Gross recoverable reserves have been estimated between 200 and 500 million barrels of oil equivalents per day. Pony is located in block Green Canyon 468 and was discovered in 2006. The water depth in the fields is about 3,500 feet.
Hess will operate the project but it is owned in four equal parts by Hess, Chevron, Statoil and Nexen Petroleum Offshore. Production capacity will be about 80,000 barrels per day. (Source: offshore-technology.com)
PMIS supplies the Stampede project with stainless steel as well as copper nickel pipe.
Chevron operates several platforms in the Agbami Field, which is one of the largest deepwater discoveries off the coast of Nigeria. Chevron, in conjunction with joint-venture Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, is the third largest oil producer in Nigeria.
Chevron’s principal subsidiary in Nigeria is called CNL, or Chevron Nigeria Limited. They hold a 40% interest in in regions of the Niger Delta with NNPC through their joint venture agreement.
Average daily production is around 224,000 barrels of oil per day, as well as 246 million cubic feet of natural gas and 6,000 barrels of gas.
Platforms from the Niger Delta were attacked on May 4th, which therefore caused Chevron to lose 35,000 barrels per day. A group called the “Niger Delta Avengers” claimed to have blown up the platform in the attack. (Source: chevron.com and Offshore Magazine, Vol. 76 Issue 4)
PM recently supplied the Chevron Nigeria project with Alloy C276 Pipe, Fittings and Flanges, as well as Alloy 20 Valves.